Both of us have lost 2 and a half pound plus my mum has lost 2 inches and me five (measured with our trusty Rosemary Conley “Magic Measures”) from various parts of our (thankfully!) shrinking bodies.
On the menu tonight was “Spanish Chicken” – a favourite slimming world recipe of mine – and one that even little E likes! Recipe is as follows:
4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes or strips
2 onions, sliced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, sliced
400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
¼pt/142ml chicken stock made with Bovril or oxo
1 tbsp sweet paprika
2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1 tbsp tomato puree
56g chorizo, sliced
1. Spray a pan with frylite and cook the chicken until starting to brown.
2. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Cook the onions and peppers until soft then add the garlic and chorizo and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Return the chicken to the pan and stir.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
6. Cook for 20 minutes and serve. (we have ours with rice or pasta – yummy!)
This serves 4 and works out at 1.5 syns per serving. You could add some red wine for an extra few syns to liven it up if you fancied.