>Yet another recipe I tried today, this one was for dinner. (wonder why I posted the choccy one first! lol!) I found it in yet another one of my foodie mags, can’t remember which one now though!
1 pack pork sausages (if you’re on slimming world the Morissons Eat Well or whatever it’s called range are syn free)
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 red chilli, chopped and deseeded
150ml red wine
400g tin tomotates
pinch of sugar (although I used sweetener to stay as low syn as poss)
1. Preheat the overn to Gas Mark 6/200C and roast the sausages for 15 – 20 mins
2. Once ready slice on the diagonal (mine just fell into bits!)
3. In a pan, fry the onion until soft then add the garlic and chilli and cook for another few minutes.
4. Add the sausages and wine and allow to bubble
5. Add the tomatoes and sugar then bring to the boil.
6. Simmer for 20 mins until thickened and serve with pasta and sprinkle with grated parmesan.
Would be gorgeous with garlic bread, but unfortunately the diet wont allow it this evening! Not very pretty, but full of flavour, could do with a few herbs though, but then I’m obsessed with herbs in everything!