>Another recipe from the latest Slimming World magazine. This evenings dinner is chilli skins and salad. It’s 2 1/2 syns on extra easy and serves 4.
4 x 8oz/227g baking potatoes, scrubbed and pricked all over with a fork
500g pack extra lean minced beef
1 onion, finely chopped
3 mixed peppers, deseeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp mild chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp tomato puree
400g tin chopped tomatoes
400g tin kidney beans, drained
2oz/57g reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat your oven to Gas 6/200C/400F. Place the potatoes on the top shelf and bake for 1 hour
2. Put the beef, onion, peppers and garlic in a pan and fry for 5 mins. Drain the meat juices and return to the heat.
3. Add the chilli powder, cumin and tomato puree and fry for 1 min. Stir in the tomatoes, beans and 100ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins.
4. Halve the potatoes, scoop out the flesh and discard. (I would use this for bubble and squeak, a cottage pie topping etc so not to waste it.) Return the potatoes to the oven and bake for a further 15 mins.
5. Divide the chilli between the potato skins, sprinkle over the cheese and return to the oven until the cheese melts. (I was so hungry at this point I forgot all about the cheese – oh well saves me a few syns!) Serve with a mixed salad.
These were absolutely gorgeous and really filling – another favourite to add to the list!