>I found this recipe in Olive Magazine. I am a serious chocoholic and brownies are always a winner but I’ve never been able to make the perfect brownie. These however were a different story, deliciously fudgey in the middle and cracked on top, they were an absolute dream.
100g butter, chopped
200g dark chocolate, chopped (I used a dark chocolate orange for a zesty twist on a normal brownie)
250g golden caster sugar
100g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
100g milk or white chocolate chunks
1. Heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4
2. Line a 22com square brownie tin with baking parchment
3. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a microwave and cool to room temperature
4. Whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy
5. Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture
6. Sift on the flour, baking powder and cocoa and fold to give a fudgy batter
7. Stir in the chocolate chunks
8. Bake for 25 – 30 mins until the top is cracked and the middle is just set, cool and then lift out of the tin and cut into 12 squares
I served these with clotted cream and they were absoluetly delicious!