>This recipe is quite literally hot from the oven, I’m nibbling it as I type! I found it in Good Food Magazine and as I had a lemon left over from another recipe I thought I’d give it a go – after all I don’t usually need an excuse to get baking!
75g softened butter, plus extra for greasing
50g caster sugar, plus extra for sprikling
100g self raising flour
zest of 1 lemon
1. Heat oven to 180C/Gas 4
2. Grease a 6 inch round cake tin, or loaf tin
3. Mix the butter and sugar with a wooden sppon
4. Stir in the flour and lemon zest
5. Press into the tin
6. Score into either 8 wedges or 6 fingers depending on which cake tin you’re using and prick with a fork
7. Sprinkle with sugar
8. Bake for 20 – 25 mins or until pale and golden
9. Cool for 10 mins then finishing cooling on a wire rack
These are lovely, really melt in your mouth and the lemon zest adds a summery twist to the shortbread. They’re so easy to make – literally took me all of about 2 minutes to get them mixed and in the tin!