Trips to the park
Playing on the sand
A favourite recipe eaten under a parasol in the garden
4 chicken breasts
2 red peppers, sliced into strips
1 large onion, sliced
2oz/50g sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and cut into pieces
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
5oz/150g chorizo sausage, sliced
8fl oz/225ml brown basmati rice
10fl oz/275ml chicken stock
6fl oz/170ml dry white wine
1 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp chopped fresh herbs
2oz/50g pitted black olives, halved
1/2 large orange, peeled and cut into wedges
1. Season the chicken.
2. Heat 2tbsp of the oil in a casserole dish and brown the chicken on both sides
3. Remove to a plate
4. Add 1 tbsp oil to the casserole and add the onions and peppers, allowing them to brown. Cook for approx 5 mins.
5. Add the garlic, chorizo and tomatoes and cook until the chorizo has taken on some colour.
6. Stir in the rice and once they have a good coating of oil, add the stock, wine, tomato puree and paprika.
7. Turn the heat down to a gentle simmer, then place the chicken on top of everything.
8. Sprinkle the herbs over the chicken pieces and scatter the olives and orange wedges among them.
9. Cover the dish with it’s lid and cook on a gentle heat for about 50 mins – an hour until the rice is cooked. Alternatively cook in an oven at Gas 4/180C
All washed down with a glass of Pimms