>The lovely Emma over at Say It With Chocolate has asked me to post her entry for my Nutella Carnival on her behalf because of computer problems, so without further ado here it is:
When I read on Twitter that my friend NotSoSingleMum was organising a Nutella Challenge I had to take a detour on the way home to pick some up! I just love Nutella and thought I would rise to the challenge. My kids love making pancakes so this proved to be a relatively easy choice to occupy them on a Sunday morning with just a little stress thrown in for good measure!
Stress I hear you say surely not, afraid my dear 6 yo daughter helped weigh, mix, pour and spoon delicious Nutella and toss the pancakes. But when asked to pose for the photos she flatly refused saying ” I don’t want you to put my picture on Facebook, your going to put it on Facebook!” I was mortified I tried to reassure her to no avail… will she be shy of Facebook when she’s older? So one of my boys stepped in for the photo.
No holding back once the pancakes were ready, we had 2 pans on the go and Nutella Pancakes with extra Nutella and sugar were a big hit!
Here’s the recipe why not give it a go…makes about 6 pancakes double the quantities for a hungry family!
Nutella 2 Tablespoons
4 oz Plain Flour
2oz Melted Butter
- Put flour in bowl add eggs and mix.
- Combine water & milk gradually pour into mixture and mix together a little at a time – be careful to make sure there are no lumps…
- Add 1 tablespoon of melted butter & use the rest to cook the pancakes with.
- Add 2 tablespoons of melted Nutella to the mix
- Use a little melted butter to fry each pancake on a medium heat. When it starts to bubble & rise it is time to toss them & cook the other side!
- Serve with melted Nutella either inside before rolling or & drizzled over the top. We didn’t have any icecream but add your choice for a decadent breakfast or dessert. Enjoy 🙂
I tried these out last night after Emma sent me the recipe and I have to say they are rather yummy!
Remember to pop back here on Tuesday to add your own recipes to the Mr Linky I will attach to the Nutella Carnival Post.