>So here it is the Nutella Carnival! Time for you to upload your recipes to the Mr Linky below. I’m beginning to wish I’d made this a competition and asked for a sample of what you’ve made to be sent to me for tasting, but I’ll enjoy making them all for myself, I’ve even stocked up on a jar full of Nutella just to make sure I have some in for when the recipes get added to the Mr Linky!
I know there’s been a lot of controversy about whether Nutella is suitable as part of breakfast since some of us were lucky enough to go to a breakfast briefing at Legoland recently but the main point of this post was to share Nutella recipes, regardless of whether they are breakfast ones or not. If you fancy a peek at the new Nutella website which launches today you can view it at http://www.wakeuptonutella.com/ which will feature lots of recipes including these ones to whet your appetite:
· 6 tbsp nutella
· 1 large pot (500g) low-fat vanilla yogurt
· 110ml skimmed milk
· 568ml/1 pint mixed fruit, frozen (tip into measuring jug)
· 1 large banana, cut into 2.5cm/1-inch pieces
1. Put all ingredients in a blender or put into bowl if using hand held blender and purée for 2 minutes or until smooth.
2. Pour into glasses. Garnish with fresh berries.
· 2 ripe bananas
· 2 eggs
· 80g soft sunflower margarine
· 70g dark brown sugar
· 150g plain flour
· 2 tsp baking powder
· 2 tsp vanilla sugar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid (optional)
1 Preheat the oven to 220 ° C (430°F). In a bowl, beat margarine and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and mashed bananas with a fork. Add the flour and baking powder and mix.
2 Grease a muffin pan or place muffin cases on a baking tray. Half fill each with mixture then top with a 1/4 teaspoon of nutella and finally top nutella with more mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
3 Remove from oven and wait before turning out.
And here’s a recipe for Slimming World style imitation Ferero Rocher for anyone who’s following the plan that I was given when I used to go to the classes. I make these all the time actually and you can leave out the golden syrup if you haven’t got any, plus I’ve made them with ryvita and all bran before when I was desperate for a fake Ferrero Rocher fix! I wouldn’t mind but by the time I’d made these and eaten all 18 of them I may aswell have gone and bought myself the real thing from the shops, but they come in handy in when you need a sweet fix anyway.
Makes 18 at 1 syn each
5 scan bran (you can use ryvita instead and no need for the water!)
3 tbsp nutella
3 tbsp golden syrup
- Put scan bran in a bowl add a bit of water, crumble in to small bits
- Stir in nutella and syrup
- Spoon in to 18 cake cases (ball shapes)
- Chill for an hour before enjoying, although to be honest they never last a full hour with me in the house
I can’t wait to see what you all come up with, but will be making sure I try them all – for research purposes of course!