>This is a recipe I came across some time ago and made with my daughter. It was originally intended as an alternative to the “billy bear” ham sandwiches she used to eat in her lunch box, but she pointed out that she doesn’t eat “cold food” so we had these for dinner instead.
They’re really easy to make and gave her the chance to get messy (which she loved) and make her own dinner, which she really seemed to enjoy doing.
1/2 small packet of stuffing mix
2 chicken breasts
Salt & pepper
2 tbsp flour
Splash of milk
225g fresh breadcrumbs
Oil for frying
1. Make up the stuffing mix and leave to cool
2. Mince the chicken in a food processor.
3. Add the stuffing, salt, pepper and lemon juice and mix again. 4. Put the flour on a plate.
5. Beat the egg with the milk.
6. Spread the breadcrumbs on a plate.7. Shape the mixture into nuggets, dust with flour, dip in the egg then coat in breadcrumbs.
8. Heat oil in a pan and fry the nuggets until golden.
9. Finish the nuggets in the oven (gas mark 6/220C) for 10 – 20 mins
And here’s a pic of the delicious, crispy, much better than shop bought, nuggets you end up with!
This post was written for the Friday Club Carnival over at Notes from home.
To see the other entries to the Friday Club this week, click on the links below:
Lins at Humming Along posts her tacos recipe.
Cherished By Me posts her chicken wraps recipe.
Jax at Making It Up posts her pizza recipe.
Cass at Frugal Family posts her Yorkshire puddings recipe.
Jen at Table for Eight posts her fishcakes recipe.
Ella at Notes From Home posts herfried rice recipe.