>The little one made this all by herself for our dessert on Christmas Day and it was absolutely delicious!
2tbsp caster sugar
100ml very strong coffee
300g trifle sponge fingers
150ml double cream
4tbsp icing sugar
200g dark chocolate, melted
cocoa for dusting
- Dissolve the sugar in the coffee and mix in 4tbsp of the amaretto.
- Dip the sponge fingers into the mixture and layer a third on the base of a 20cm loose-based caked tin.
- Whisk the mascarpone, cream, icing sugar and amaretto until thick.
- Spoon half of it over the sponge fingers.
- Drizzle with half the melted chocolate.
- Repeat the layering, finishing with a layer of sponge fingers.
- Cover with clingfilm and chill for 3 hours.
- Uncover and dust with cocoa then remove to a serving plate or stand.
You could arrange chocolate coated coffee beans or maltesers on top.