One thing my daughter loves is cinnamon, whether it’s on her churros or in moussaka. She fancied some cinnamon buns at the weekend but as I was in the middle of unpacking from the move I didn’t fancy making anything too involved. Luckily for her I had a pack of puff pastry in the fridge!
To make the cinnamon swirls all you do is:
- Unroll a pack of puff pastry
- Mix 4tbsp brown sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon
- Sprinkle over the puff pastry
- Roll both long edges into the centre, ensuring the roll is tight
- Place in the fridge for half an hour to firm up
- Cut into slices and place on a greased baking tray
- Bake at 180 degrees for 10 – 15 minutes
Apparently she’s having them for breakfast before school this week, I doubt they will make it past Sunday evening!