Taking the lead from Kate over at Kate Takes 5 who in this weeks listography set herself some goals for the month of April, I’ve decided to do the same. Mine are nowhere near as adventurous as some, I have a 3 month old baby, getting dressed every day and remembering to pick my daughter up from the school bus is an achievement these days! But it won’t hurt to have a few goals to try to achieve this month:
- Exercise 3 times a week. I have a wedding to go to which has snuck up on me after having the little one and so far I’ve only averaged two exercise sessions a week. I really need to step it up and get my rather large rear end off the sofa and get it moving – or wobbling as the case may be!
- Spend more time with my daughter without a baby in my arms. The baby is adorable but he demands a lot of my time, my daughter deserves a bit of time with me on her own, or without his needs overtaking hers, even if just for half an hour or so. We have a few fun things planned this half term which I’m hoping will go some way to achieve that in the short term and in the long term I’ll be roping the man in to look after the little one for a few hours a month so the daughter and I can have a bit of girly time on our own.
- Do extra school work with the daughter. Having moved schools and been part of an international school system, her school work is suffering, despite her teachers reassurance otherwise. I know what my daughter is capable of and she isn’t doing as well as I know she is capable of doing. I am armed with English curriculum school books for all her subjects and unfortunately for her I’m not afraid to use them.
- Register the little one at the health centre (this involves a massive amount of paperwork and visits to numerous municipal buildings so trust me this would be an achievement!) and book his 4 month injections.
- Lose 4lb this month. I have no expectations of losing a stone a month these days, a pound a week will do me nicely thank you!
So there you have it, my 5 goals for April this month, told you they weren’t particularly exciting!